Date(s) - 26/10/2016 - 28/10/2016
House of the Blackheads
Financing SME Eco-innovation
The transition to a new, circular and sustainable way of doing business needs to happen on the ground. Eco-innovative entrepreneurs know that environmental protection makes business sense and understand how being innovative today will help them grow sustainably in the long term. Turning environmental challenges into business opportunities will help deliver a resource-efficient, green and competitive low-carbon EU economy.
The transition to a circular economy will bring solid financial advantages, but like any large-scale transition, it needs a kick-start. The EU’s financial sector will play a key role in helping business grow and move us towards a circular and thus more sustainable future. Investments are crucial to make a real shift from a linear to a circular model and both the public and private sectors have their role to play. Eco-innovation is essential to ensure circular economy becomes a reality, but SMEs are still facing challenges entering existing markets and developing new market opportunities. There is a need to reinforce circular economy-related innovation at the European level and to attract investors.
The 20th European Forum on Eco-innovation will be held in Tallinn, Estonia, on 26-28 October 2016. The Forum will examine financing opportunities for eco-innovative SMEs and will showcase successful companies who have succeeded in attracting investors and growing their business. It will explore the enabling factors and challenges of transitioning to a circular business model and will address these through the lens of business, finance and public sector.
The Forum will also provide an opportunity for participants from across Europe to:
- participate in a business-to-business matchmaking session;
- learn about the innovative technologies with performance claims verified by the Environmental Technology Verification (ETV);
- discover the best performing eco-innovative companies showcasing their environmental and business accomplishments at the European Business Awards for the Environment Ceremony;
- find out about successful eco-innovative projects funded under different EU funding programmes and financial instruments; and
- take part in site visits to eco-innovative companies who have successfully turned investments into circular business models.
This event is jointly organised by the European Commission’s Directorate General for Environment and the Ministry of the Environment of the Republic of Estonia.
The Forum will be accompanied by a special event: the Ceremony of the European Business Awards for the Environment.
The event languages are English and Estonian.
More information, visit the website here
The registration will open soon (end of June 2016).