This will be discussed during a side event of the Porto Water Innovation Week on 29 September 2017. The event will bring together water-related EU funded actions to discuss innovation in the water sector and address the different aspects and challenges in order to maximise impact.
Participants in different EU programmes and initiatives will share their achievements and experiences. They will highlight key enabling factors and barriers for research and innovation actions to reach the market, as well as to support policy making.
Other relevant stakeholders such as, investors, regulators, policy makers, innovation hubs, industrial partners and SMEs will also join the discussion and bring forward their views and perspectives.
The event is organised by the European Commission’s Directorate General for Research and Innovation and the Executive Agency for SMEs (EASME), in collaboration with the EIP Water.
Register for this event
The following EU-funded projects will be present:
- SUBSOL – Bringing coastal SUBsurface SOLutions to the market
- WADI – Innovative Airborne Water Leak Detection Surveillance Service
- INCOVER – Innovative Eco-Technologies for Resource Recovery from Wastewater
- SALTGAE – Demonstration project to prove the techno-economic feasibility of using algae to treat saline wastewater from the food industry
- INTEGROIL – Demonstration of a Decision Support System for a Novel Integrated Solution aimed at Water Reuse in the Oil & Gas Industry
- AquaNES – Demonstrating synergies in combined natural and engineered processes for water treatment systems
- INNOQUA – Innovative Bio-based on-site Sanitation system for Water and Resource Savings
- WIDEST – Water Innovation through Dissemination & Exploitation of Smart Technologies
- ZERO BRINE – Re-designing the value and supply chain of water and minerals: a circular economy approach for the recovery of resources from saline impaired effluent (brine) generated by process industries
- SYSTEMIC – Systemic large scale eco-innovation to advance circular economy and mineral recovery from organic waste in Europe
- NAIAD – NAture Insurance value: Assessment and Demonstration
- REGROUND – Colloidal Iron Oxide Nanoparticls for the Reclamation of Toxic Metal Contaminated GROUNDwater Aquifers, Drinking Water Wells, and River Bank Filtrations
- CENTAUR – Cost Effective Neural Technique for Alleviation of Urban Flood Risk
- RUN4LIFE – Recovery and utilization of nutrients 4 low impact fertilizer
- Water2REturn – REcovery and REcycling of nutrients TURNing wasteWATER into added-value products for a circular economy in agriculture
- SIM4NEXUS – Sustainable Integrated Management FOR the NEXUS of water-land-food-energy-climate for a resource-efficient Europe
- BRIGAID – BRIdges the GAp for Innovations in Disaster resilience
- SAID – SmArt water management with Integrated Decision support systems
- SMARTWATER4EUROPE – Demonstrating innovative Smart Water Network (SWN) for sustainable water supply, reliable quality control, energy optimization and improved customers’ interaction
- R3WATER – Reuse of water, Recovery of valuables and Resource efficiency in urban wastewater treatment
- BIOMETAL DEMO – Biometal demonstraton plant for the biological rehabilitation of metal bearing wastewaters
- MARSOL – Demonstrating Managed Aquifer Recharge as a Solution to Water Scarcity and Drought
- Saraswati – Supporting consolidation, replication and up-scaling of sustainable wastewater treatment and reuse technologies for India
- AQUACROSS – Knowledge, Assessment, and Management for AQUAtic Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services aCROSS EU policies