Date(s) - 18/05/2017
Hendrik Conscience building
The Paris agreement resulted in a new wave of climate comitments by countries and regions worldwide.
The regions of Flanders and Catalonia co-organizing this seminar and matchmaking event signed the Paris agreement.
The private sector, educational and research organizations and civil society organizations will also be important partners in reaching the climate objectives.
International multilateral and financial organizations have provided financial instruments for that purpose. On top of that they have included environmental standards in their procurement procedures.
Flanders Investment & Trade, ACCIO, the Flemish Government (the departments foreign affairs and Environment and Nature), Vlamex, FCA, VLEVA, the permanent representation of Flanders (Belgium) to the EU and the Enterprise Europe Network, all invite you to a seminar AND matchmaking event on 18th May in Brussels.
Learn more about the financial instruments and climate actions plans outside the EU from the European Bank for Reconstruction of Development, the European Investment Bank, the European Union, the Flanders region (Belgium) and Catalonia (Spain).
This is the perfect opportunity to enhance partnering between European companies, educational and research organizations and civil society organizations.
The seminar will also include key note speeches from the Minister-president of Flanders, Mr. Geert Bourgeois and Mr. Jos Delbeke, European Commission, Director General for Climate Action. You will have the opportunity to meet with the climate specialists of the EBRD, EIB, EU, Flanders and Catalonia.
Information booths will also be at your disposal to boost your knowledge even more on all European Climate initiatives!
- Europe’s climate actions outside the EU (mainly development countries/transition countries)
- Targetgroup: SME’s. Allthough Universities, Knowledge centers, NGO’s are also welcome
How does it work?
- Register and publish your collaboration wishes
- Send meetings requests to selected participants of your choice
- One week before the event you receive your meeting schedule
Why to participate?
- to get the latest information on climate business
- to meet climate specialists
- to present, discuss and develop new project ideas at international level
- to initiate cross-border contacts
- to find new partners, establish new business relationships
Registration: 1 Mar – 10 May
Meeting Selection: 24 Apr – 17 May
Event: 18 May
More info visit the website here