Date(s) - 21/09/2016 - 22/09/2016
National Institute Of Oceanography
The Conference “EU-India STI Cooperation Days 2016: BIOECONMY, including marine and maritime research”, aims at supporting new research and business networks on issues of priority interest for India and Europe.
Organised by the Indigo Policy and Inno Indigo projects, the EU-India STI Cooperation days bring together researchers, SMEs and policy makers to discuss the latest policy, research and innovation developments in the field of bioeconomy and offer extended networking opportunities.
Discussions will cover four topics:
- Sustainable Food Security – research and innovation all along the food chain, from primary production, food processing to healthy and safe foods and diets.
- Blue Growth –Testing, demonstrating, scaling-up and bringing to the market innovative marine and maritime technologies, products and services, as well as exploring the interactions between the oceans and human health, and strengthening the capability to observe and map oceans and seas basins.
- Rural Renaissance – Innovation as driver for rural development, with a particular emphasis on developing framework conditions for innovation and new business models adapted to the rural context, and support for skills development in rural communities.
- Bio-based innovation for sustainable goods and services – Securing sustainable biomass supply for biobased goods and services and the future development of bio-based markets, for example by promoting stakeholder engagement.
The main conference sessions are:
- Europe-India collaboration on bioeconomy research and innovation: setting the scene: Learn about the latest policy developments in EU-India research and innovation cooperation from European Union and Indian Department of Bioeconomy officials and global leaders.
- Significant outcomes and collaboration potential of EU-India research and innovation projects: presentation and discussion with the audience in four parallel sessions on: Sustainable Food Security, Blue Growth, Rural Renaissance, Bio-based innovation for sustainable goods and services
- Valorisation workshop: A panel of experts shows the roads from research results to commercialisation.
- Open house for funding and cooperation opportunities: Representative from European and Indian funding agencies, embassies and initiatives supporting research and innovation cooperation involve the participants in small group discussions
- Young Scientist Competition: young European and Indian researchers present their project ideas in short videos and compete to become the INDIGO Young Scientist 2016 and participate in the conference of their choice.
- Open Space: Priority setting: Cooperation priorities for the future are identified. All participants will have the chance to build the agenda on the spot by suggesting a topic they feel passionate about for in-depth group discussion and explore its potential for future partnerships.
- Networking Café: meet other participants in pre-arranged bilateral meetings to discuss your own project, programme or initiative and reinforce the relationship with your actual or potential Indian or European interlocutors.
Visit the event website and register!